Reserve early! The schedule fills quickly for end of the year school year visits. Groups are required to make reservations two-weeks in advance of their visit to receive group pricing.
- Make reservations by:
- Telephone: (918) 834-9900 ext. 114
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reservations are confirmed when you receive notification from TASM.)
- Fax: (918) 834-6723 (A faxed reservation will be acknowledged
within 2 business days of receipt.) Click here to download a Group
Reservation Request Form.
- When making reservations have in mind:
- At least two possible dates
- Earliest arrival time & latest departure time
- Number of children & adults
- The activities you would like to schedule
- Programs begin on the hour between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Tuesday-Friday. On weekends, activity classes are not available and museum tours are based on availability of tour guides. Weekend groups may be accommodated in the Planetarium.
- Group reservations are confirmed when you receive a written confirmation. If you do not receive notification at least 10 days in advance of your visit, please contact us at (918) 834-9900 ext. 114.
- Availability: all dates and programs are subject to availability. Certain classes or planetarium shows may not be available on all days. Be sure to inquire about availability when you discuss your reservation.
One person must collect the admission funds and pay for the entire group.
- An accurate count of children and adults is required at the time of check-in.
- Payment is due on the day of arrival and may be made with Visa, MasterCard, Discovery Card, cash, school/company check or school purchase order. The purchase order must include a purchase order number and be faxed before the arrival to (918) 834-6723.
- No personal checks are accepted.
- TASM/OMN memberships do not apply to school group admissions.
- Tax exempt organizations will be asked to provide a copy of their State of Oklahoma tax exempt certificate (or appropriate state if outside of Oklahoma). Non tax-exempt entities or out-of-state entities will be charged tax on admission fees.
- Activity prices are listed with field trip information.
The size of groups TASM can accommodate will depend on the number of activities scheduled, group age and group size. Activity classes and guided tours are generally 25 participants or less. Be prepared to divide a large group into smaller groups, if needed. For recommendations, contact group reservations at (918) 834-9900 x114.
Tours and activities are available to PK-12 grade. Participants must be at least four years old.
Chaperones are required. We suggest one adult chaperone per ten students. Chaperones are expected to stay with their group at all times, keep groups together and maintain discipline.
- Food, drinks, gum or candy are not allowed in the Museum or Planetarium.
- Please remind your students that they are not to run in the museum.
- Please remind your group that museum exhibits are delicate and cannot be touched. Your guide will inform you of the items that can be touched.
- Groups are to remain together.
- Chaperones are to remain with group.
- Shoes with rollers are not allowed in the museum or planetarium.
- Cameras are allowed in the museum, but taking photos is not allowed in the planetarium.
- Allow additional time for restroom breaks and a museum shop visit.
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your activities begin. Groups are responsible for arriving on time; please allow additional time for traffic delays, loading and unloading the bus, restroom breaks and Museum Store visits.
- Groups are to remain on the bus until the group leader has checked in at the Sherman and Ellie Smith Hangar One admissions desk.
- If your group will be late, please contact us as soon as possible at (918) 834-9900, press 0 for the operator.
- The late arrival of a group may require an adjustment to the schedule of events. Those adjustments may reduce the length of a tour or activity. A late arrival to a Planetarium show may require cancellation of the show. We will make every effort to accommodate late arrivals; however, TASM is not responsible for the cancellation of a Planetarium show, tour or activity due to late arrival. The museum reserves the right to change programming at any time.
Large groups may bring their sack lunches and picnic on our outdoor concrete ramp, which is located near the runway (tables and chairs are not available). Groups of less than thirty may picnic on the playground, based on availability. There are no indoor eating areas. Soft drink and snack vending machines are located in the museum lobby. Mohawk Park is an option that offers outdoor picnic facilities and is 1/8 mile west of TASM.
Notify TASM as soon as possible if your group must cancel. The earlier you let us know of the change, the easier it will be to reschedule a new date and time. (918) 834-9900 x114.
Inclement Weather Policy
If the Tulsa Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather, the Tulsa Air and Space Museum & Planetarium will be closed. Every attempt will be made to rescheduled your visit for another date.
The museum shop is open to school groups. Allow approximately 20 minutes per 30 students to
visit the shop.
For directions to the Tulsa Air and Space Museum and Planetarium click here. We are located across from Mohawk Park/Tulsa Zoo entrance.